When you live somewhere that is warm most of the year, having a pool in the backyard is an investment and a benefit. Building and maintaining a pool requires a lot of thought and it is important to consider all the costs before you dive into this big project. Swimming pools come in different styles, sizes, and materials, all of which affect the cost. There are several variables you need to consider when planning the budget for building and maintaining your pool in Las Vegas.
How Much Does It Cost To Build And Maintain A Pool In Las Vegas, 2022
Building and Installation
On average, a 30’ diameter above-ground pool will cost between $3500 and $6000 to install. A 16’ x 32’ in-ground pool will cost you between $46,000 and $67,000. The pricing is significant as a result of many variables that are involved with in-ground pools. It is important to consider all aspects before you decide on the best pool for you. In-ground pool costs are much higher as a result of excavation labor and costs. Pricing also depends on the yard and whether the ground has to be leveled or if you have to install plumbing and electrical ports. There are also variations in costs for materials used. For example, vinyl liners can run between $25,000 and $45,000 whereas fiberglass costs between $18,000 and $66,000, depending on the size of the pool.
Do you want a saltwater pool? This will cost between $29,000 and $57,000 if you are starting from scratch. If you just want to convert your current pool to saltwater, costs will range from $600 to $2200. Saltwater pools also have the benefit of lower maintenance costs, which will run you around $45 a month. The above-ground pool will be cheaper and quicker to install. Costs vary according to the size and any add-ons you want. Installation takes between one and three days. Additional pool options and their costs include:
- Plunge pools: Costs are between $14,500 and $25,000. These pools are small (10’ x 20’ and 5.5’ to 7’ deep) and are for entertainment more than serious swimming.
- Lap Pools: Costs are between $20,000 to $70,000. An average lap pool is 6’ to 9’ deep and 30’ to 70’ long. The yearly maintenance costs are also lower than standard pools, as there is less water.
The costs for an outdoor pool are high because there are many factors and stages involved.
- Excavation: $1,770 – $13,830
- Landscaping: $3,000 – $5,000
- Labor: $8,000 – $30,000
- Building Permits: $500 – $2,000
- Heating: $550 to $10,000
- Filtration: $199 to $1,500
- Add-Ons (Covers, Steps, Water Features): $500 – $10,000+
Running and Maintaining a Pool
In addition to the costs involved in building and installing your pool, there are monthly and yearly costs you need to include in your budget.
- Fiberglass pool running costs: $375 per year
- Vinyl pool running costs: $1325 per year, and vinyl needs replacing every 10 years.
- Concrete pool running costs: $2750 per year, and concrete needs resurfacing every 10 years which is expensive.
Factors involved in running costs include water ($4 to $20 per month), taxes, and insurance. Additionally, if you have a saltwater pool, you will need to change the saltwater cell every 3 to 6 months, which costs around $800.
A pool is a great addition to your home. It adds value to the home and fun for the family. Having a pool is a big responsibility so you need to make sure you have considered all potential costs before deciding to build one. When you are ready to get started, we are here to help you choose all the best options for your yard, and your budget.