Protecting loved ones should be a top priority for any pool owner. Getting a pool fence installed is a wise decision and worth the investment. Plus, pool fencing is required in Las Vegas. The cost of a pool fence will vary depending on the material used, the height, the size of the pool, and various installation details.
Understanding the type of materials and the relevant cost of installing a pool fence can help you decide what”s the most viable solution for you. It’s also possible that you may want to go for DIY instead of professional installation! The choice is yours, but it’s good to know what to expect.
Why Do You Need A Pool Fence?
A pool fence is the safety barrier around your pool that can keep the children away and protect them from drowning accidents. Getting a house with a pool may sound attractive, but it comes with the responsibility of taking care of your pool. You have to be careful when you have small children in the house or pets that cannot swim. Small kids are attracted by water in the pool and they don’t understand the dangers which is why you must childproof your swimming pool.
Reasons you need to get a pool fence:
- A pool fence can help in avoiding accidental drowning. Even if you don’t have kids, guests with small kids can still visit your place. It’s wise to focus on the safety measures so that you live with peace of mind.
- It’s required by law in many locations so you must need it depending on the rules, regulations, and coding requirements. It’s always better to check and get the pool fence accordingly.
- There are flexible designs available to you so you need not worry about the overall ambiance. You can select the designs and the styles of your choice. Make sure you are aware of the relevant measurements.
- Some people would need it for home insurance policy requirements. Others for adoption. It also gives you peace of mind.
There are different reasons for everyone to think about the pool fence.
Pool Fencing Requirements in Nevada
If you live in the Las Vegas area, you must know your local building code requirements.
A 48-inch tall pool fence is sufficient in most cases. There are some municipalities that require a fence to be 60-inches in height. It is important to check with your local municipality regarding which codes and fence heights need to be followed. When mesh fencing is used, the fabric must be resistant to climbing with holes smaller than 1 ¾ inch. The mesh pool safety fences we provide meet all the Nevada pool safety requirements.
In addition to these regulations, the 2018 ISPSC also states that:
- Openings between the ground and fence bottom cannot exceed 2 inches
- The outside surface must be free from protrusions or other features that can be used as footholds.
- Horizontal cross supports are to be no more than 1 inch above the ground.
- Fabric, or mesh, used must not be lifted over 4 inches from the ground
- Chain link fencing can be used but openings are not to exceed 1 ¾ inch in any dimension.
- Welded Wire fencing may also be used but any spacing between vertical wires must not exceed 1 ¾ inch.
Pool safety fences also need to have gates, and the gates must also follow regulations. A pool gate must be at least 60 inches off the ground and must open away from the pool. The gate also needs to be self-closing and self-latching. The self-latching device has to be at least 60 inches off the ground.
Safest Pool Fences
There are different types of pool fence materials that you can choose from, such as glass, vinyl, wrought iron, wood, chain link, and mesh.
- A Mesh pool fence would be the safest option, made specifically for swimming pools
- You can opt for vinyl if you want it to match the style of your home, but it can restrict the view.
- Chain-link would be durable, but it’s easy to climb for the savvy kid.
- You can choose wood, but it requires maintenance and can again block the view.
Really, the most viable option would be a mesh pool fence.
Mesh Pool Fences
Mesh pool fences are the best choice for safety when it comes to swimming pools. Guardian‘s exclusive mesh fencing options include our No Holes fence, which does not require drilling, and our Premier Pool Fence Line with our patented Locking Deck Sleeve. Another feature exclusive only to Guardian is our climb-resistant, self-closing, self-latching pool gate. This is the safest pool gate in the industry — uniquely designed without a crossbar of any kind, making it as climb-resistant as our fence.
DIY or Professional Installation?
There could be tons of things on your mind when you are thinking about the safety of your children! You may want to consider DIY but may also think about professional installation. Here are the pros and cons:
- Professionalism: you get accurate, legitimate, and professional work done that you can rely on. Hiring a company with a solid reputation and expertise will give you a safe pool fence and peace of mind.
- Material Options: Professional companies have more access to materials and tools. This means you do not have to worry about getting those things. Professionals will also have better access to higher-quality materials, making sure you get a reliable fence.
- Authenticity: Professionals work to keep their reputation intact. This means you get authentic work every time as well as assurance that your family will be safe.
- The only drawback to this is the cost. You will pay more for installation when you hire a professional company. That being said, the numerous benefits are often a reason to overlook this.
- The biggest advantage to DIY installation is money savings. The job will be cheaper when you do it yourself. However, you need to know what you are doing. On average, installation for pool fences costs between $30 to $80 an hour. You can estimate the total installation costs by assuming it will be $50% of the total project price.
- Incorrect installation of a pool fence can be a costly mistake. Not only will it require money to fix, but safety is put at risk too.
- The installation of the pool fence needs to be perfect and you must be aware of the relevant rules and regulations of your location. You need to know all details, heights requirements, spacing requirements, gate requirements, and more. When you are confident that you have the right information, you can consider DIY, otherwise, it’s best to let professionals deal with the job.
Pool Fence Costs In Las Vegas
On average you should plan to spend between $1,500 and $10,000 for purchase and installation. The per linear foot cost will range between $15 and $25.
The most common pool fence materials include mesh, chain-link, metal, wood, and vinyl. You can also get glass fencing, but this is very expensive. For a more accurate range of pool fence pricing, the amounts below are averages based on material use.
- Mesh: $1,500 – $4,500
- Chain-link: $1,000 – $6,000
- Wrought iron: $3,000 – $12,000
- Wood: $1,500 – $8,500
- Vinyl: $2,200 – $12,000
Pricing will be a big factor in which fencing material you choose. You also need to consider other important features. For example, mesh pool fences are the safest and durable, but not the most aesthetically pleasing.
The labor and installation costs will also fluctuate. As above we mentioned on average, labor costs are $30 to $80 an hour for pool fence installation. When you want to install it with professionals, you can assume that 50% of the total project price will go to labor. When choosing a pool fence installation company, price is important, but you also want to go with a company that has a solid reputation and experience you can trust.
No Holes Pool Fence Costs
Our No Holes system is the only fence of its kind. It’s a patented design, you won’t find it anywhere else. This is the perfect solution when you don’t want to or you can’t drill holes in your deck. With this system, you must note that you have to purchase two systems. The mesh fence itself and the bases. This will make the cost higher than regular pool fencing. On the other hand, you may be able to install it yourself easier and won’t need added labor costs. The benefits are also that it is easily removable and if you move you can take it with you.
The No Holes pool fence can cost you anywhere between $2000-$10,000 depending on the length, height you choose. This fence system however is easier to install yourself you probably won’t need professional installation. This fence cannot stand by itself, it must be connected to the wall or has to go around the swimming pool to make it stable and strong.
Do you want to move the fence?
If you are looking to get a pool fence that is removable, the best option is mesh fencing. On average this will cost between $10 and $30 per linear foot but it can be easily removed as needed. Removable mesh fencing is bought in 10 or 20-foot sections and there are about 5 posts evenly spaced between the sections. Each section, or panel, is held securely in place with child-resistant latches.
What about gates?
A pool safety fence needs to have a gate. It needs to have a gate that cannot be easily opened by children. The best gate will be a self-closing and self-locking gate. As with the fence, the price of the gate will vary according to brand and material, but on average a pool fence gate will cost between $200 and $500.
What regulations will affect my fence?
In Las Vegas, every pool needs to have a fence. In most areas, the height of the fence needs to be 48 inches tall. In some areas, it may be required to have fences that are 60 inches tall. Make sure you check with local municipalities before installing a fence. You need to make sure you know what size is required. This will also help you estimate and budget for fencing prices.
Before You Buy
For any questions about pool fencing please feel free to contact us today. We have an experienced team to help you with any pool fencing project. We have a wide selection of materials to help you find the right fit for your pool and your budget. All our pool fences meet industry standards and our installation crew has training and knowledge you can trust. Pool safety is a top priority and we guarantee to make sure your pool is safe.
Why Choose Guardian?
If you’re looking for the safest mesh pool fence that is also affordable, removable, durable, and customizable, be glad you found Guardian. Our innovative and patented designs, highly skilled installers, and excellent customer service are why Guardian has been the #1 choice in mesh pool fencing for over 25 years.
- Strongest Mesh Pool Fence In The Industry
- We hold currently 7 patents on our innovative pool fence designs
- The Only Climb-Resistant Pool Gate
- Removable Or Permanent
- Highly Skilled Professional Installers
- Meets ASTM International Quality Standards
- Our Premier Fence System Meets Building Code Requirements*
Don’t hesitate to contact us today and request your free estimate.